Try this with one-half ground turkey and one-half ground chicken for a healthier version.
- 1 lb ground beef, chicken or turkey; mix it up for flavor
- 10-3/4 ounce can of Campbell’s tomato soup
- 15 ounce can of chili with beans
- Packet of taco seasoning mix
- Large yellow onion, half for cooking, half for garnish
- Large tomato, chopped, for garnish
- Package of shredded Mexican cheeses for garnish
- Small container of sour cream for garnish
- Iceberg lettuce, chopped, for garnish
- 1/4 cup flour
- Place the flour in a zip-lock baggie, add your meat, shake to coat
- Place 1/2 of the onion in pan and sauté 7 minutes, then add the meat until browned
- Add the taco seasoning mix; stir until well blended
- Add the tomato soup and chili with beans to the pan, and mix well
- Heat until all ingredients are hot
- Serve with soft or hard taco shells, or as an appetizer with taco boat chips
- Garnish and enjoy!
Chef Jody Emer is a celebrated chef in the Chicago northern suburbs. Certified in Professional Cookery, Bakery and Pastry, and Catering and Dining Room Management, she is currently a personal chef specializing in healthy cooking and wellness coaching. Her web site is www.thyme2shine.com.