As is the norm, there is no shortage of live shows to be seen in Denver. From nationally signed acts to local acts, we have one of the most diverse music scenes in the nation. There is always an abundance of different genres to appease different musical tastes here in Denver and most of the time the bands and/or single musicians are really talented and deserve to be seen and heard. Here is a small list of upcoming live shows.
- The Slants visit all the way from Portland, Oregon to play the Hi Dive on Monday, March 22nd. check them out playing some great 80’s influenced dance rock. These guys know how to put on a show. The doors open at 7pm and the show starts at 8pm. This is a 21+ show. Cover is $8 at the door.
- Tuesday, March 23rd, Cassleman’s hosts the Dear Companion Tour featuring Ben Sollee and Daniel Martin Moore. Dear Companion is now out on Sub Pop Records. Dear Companion is a collaboration between three Kentucky musicians. Ben Sollee, Daniel Martin Moore and Yim Yames warn of mountain top coal mining operations through the music they bring us. While your there, make sure you pick up a copy of Dear Companions as a part of the proceeds go to Appalachian Voices. Appalachian Voices is an organization dedicated to ending mountain top removal.
- iconoClass at The Toad Tavern. Thursday, March 25th. This is 21+ show. iconoClass will be going on at 7pm followed by AVE starting at 8pm, The Stolen Instruments at 9pm and Anesthesia Blvd going on at 10pm. Cover is $3
- Friday, March 26th at The Marquee Theater promises to be a great night with Ransom, 9/10ths Of The law, Forth Yeer and KBPI’s best band of the year winner, No 1 Left Standing. This is going to be a great show, with some fantastic music at one of the top venues in Denver. Cost is $10 at the door. This is an all ages show. Doors are at 7pm.
- Roots & Rhythm are playing at one of Denver’s newer venues this coming weekend. Go listen to some great blues while having a crawfish boil at Highlands Pacific.
- Hell’s Belles are gonna show you the highway to hell Friday, March 26th at The Fox Theater. Hell’s Belles are definitely a one of a kind AC/DC tribute band. These girls are not to be missed.
This is by no means a full list of bands playing around town. There are a ton of venues, big and small, that are hosting a veritable smorgasbord of talent. Please go out and see some live music and support your local venues and your local musicians.
For more updates, live music reviews and band interviews please click the subscribe button at the top of the page.
Bands and venues: If you would like to be featured in an upcoming article please email me at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit me on Facebook here.