The Bravo series ‘Top Chef: The Tour’ is kicking off its new tour staring on April 14, 2010. The 21 city tour, sponsored by Dial Nutriskin, is expanding to Pacific Northwest Locations for the first time. The series is bringing affiliate partners and fans across the country a hometown culinary experience.
Bravo announced the official third annual kick-off for its highly anticipated and widely successful “Top Chef: The Tour,” a 21-city tour, that for the first time ever expands to the Pacific Northwest with stops in Seattle, Washington and Portland, Oregon. The annual tour brings the Emmy and James Beard Award-winning, No. 1 food show on cable, “Top Chef,” to fans and foodies nationwide, beginning Wednesday, April 14th, with its first stop at Soulard Farmers Market in St. Louis, Missouri. The tour features an updated, restaurant-style format with table seating for 64 guests, bringing fans a fuller, more enjoyable culinary experience as they interact with their favorite chef’testants.
For the second year in a row, the “Top Chef” tour truck will make its way to Churchill Downs to join in the excitement of the Thoroughbred racing during for a two-day stop at the Kentucky Derby, in advance of NBC’s live coverage of the event on May 1, 2010.
“Bravo viewers like to truly engage in the shows they are passionate about,” said Ellen Stone, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Bravo.” With ‘Top Chef: The Tour,’ we are able to give our fans the hands-on experience with our chef’testants and the opportunity to finally judge and taste what they had only experienced by watching.”
People who visit the set of ‘Top Chef: the Tour’ will have the change to meet ‘Top Chef’ talent, sample food tastings, get gourmet cooking tips, hear ‘Top Chef’ show secrets and participate in a number of other activities.
In each city, two former chef’testants will host four live interactive shows, complete with tasting samples, including three for fans in attendance and one private show for affiliate partners over one or two days. Additional guests will be able to view demonstrations from outside of the canopied seating area through a 42″ plasma television in the activity area. To date, “Top Chef: The Tour” has visited 41 cities and traveled approximately 30,000 miles, generating over 7,000 consumer impressions per day and interacting with thousands of “Top Chef” fans and affiliates nationwide along the way.
“Top Chef: The Tour” will be pulling up to a farmer’s market, mall or food festival in the following cities:
- St. Louis, Missouri. – April 14
- Kansas City, Missouri. – April 16
- Atlanta, Georgia- April 18 & 20
- Charlotte, North Carolina- April 22
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – April 24 & 25
- Louisville, Kentucky. – April 30 & May 1 (Kentucky Derby)
- Grand Rapids, Michigan. – May 4
- Chicago, Illinois – May 6 & 7
- Westfield, New Jersey – May 15
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. – May 17
- White Plains, New York – May 19 & 20
- New York, New York – May 22 & 23
- Boston, Massachusetts. – May 25
- Denver, Colorado – May 30
- Salt Lake City, Utah – June 3
- Seattle, Washington – June 6
- Portland, Oregon. – June 9
- San Francisco, California. – June 12
- Los Angeles, California. – June 14 – 16
- Irvine, California. – June 17
- Phoenix, Arizona. – June 19
To sign up for free admission and learn more about “Top Chef: The Tour,” visit The Bravo Top Chef tour website. .