This issue as launches a yearlong Chain Reaction Afghan Project, which brings together the work of established designers and reader designers in a single project that will be auctioned for charity.
Spring is in the air in the latest issue of Interweave Crochet. This issue spotlights the crochet shell stitch by featuring seven projects using this gorgeous stitch pattern, including a tunic by Robyn Chachula, a vest by Tracy St. John and a mother-daughter duo by Doris Chan. Also in this issue avid crocheter, Doris Chan, explains the structure of the shell stitch, Betsy Greer explores charity projects, and readers can learn more about Kristin Omdahl’s designs and motifs.
Interweave Crochet also launched the Chain Reaction Afghan Project, a yearlong collaboration of designers and reader designs coming together in a single project to be auctioned off for charity!
The completed afghan will be comprised of squares created by many favorite crochet designers (10 patterns will be published by designers, five each in the Interweave Crochet Summer 2010 and Fall 2010 issues) and combined with squares designed by readers who are participating in this year long project. Note to participants, after finishing squares be sure to post pictures of them in the Gallery and at the same time, be sure to post pictures of your own original designs for squares in the submissions gallery. In August, Interweave Crochet will select a portion of these original square designs for readers to choose their favorite and the top ten Readers’ Choice squares will be published, along with their patterns, in the Interweave Crochet Winter 2010 and Spring 2011 issues (see contest rules). This is a great way to help with charity and a fantastic opportunity to have your original designs published! Once all squares have been completed, the whole afghan will be assembled and shown in the Summer 2011 issue, and then will be auctioned for charity.
This issue is truly packed full will with many wonderful projects, including the following:
- Winkle Vest by Tracy St. John is a seamless light and lacy vest.
- Clarity Cardigan by Doris Chan is the daughter version of the Chloe Cardigan.
- Wisteria Shawl, by Kristin Omdahl is a beautiful drapey floral shawl.
- Lucine Tunic by Robyn Chachula is crocheted using a rich shell pattern.
- Devon Cardigan by Margaret Hubert is perfect for a starter cardigan project.
- Abalone Shell by Kira Dulaney is a lacy pattern with a solid bodice but a lacy style bottom.
- Kristy Cardigan by Dora Ohrenstein is a sweet cardigan with a richly detailed shaped yoke.
- New Town Swing Sweater by Mandy Moore is a modern swing style cardigan.
- Buttercup Bag by Heather West is a beautiful lined bag perfect to hold your projects.
- The Kiki Dress by Annette Petavy is an adorable mini-dress created in color block fashion.
- The Bella Dress by April Garwood is a fabric lined dress perfect for smaller girls to wear.
Be sure to visit Crochet Me , the online resource for readers of Interweave Crochet and sign up to receive free crochet patterns, a daily newsletter and product updates.
Keep up to date with all the latest information pertaining to knitting, crocheting and all things fiber, simply click on the RSS Feed button or to receive updates delivered directly to your inbox, simply click on the subscribe button located at the top of this article.
(Photo courtesy of Interweave Crochet)