While most St. Patrick’s Day events are geared for adults and involve green beer, there are a few activities planned just for the younger set. If you’re in the mood to share the holiday with your kids, here are a few St. Patrick’s Day events in Atlanta for kids.
- Smyrna St. Patrick’s Day Fest at Smyrna Market Village on Wednesday, March 17th from 4:00-11:00 p.m. If you plan on bringing the kids, go early to avoid the later and crazier crowds.. This traditional Irish festival will include carnival-style rides, live DJ, redhead contest, Mayor Max Beacon’s annual green dyeing of the fountain, and great food from Atkins Park, Zucca Pizzeria and The Village Cafe. Proceeds benefit Mustard Seed Communities. No strollers, backpacks or coolers.
- IrishFest at Tanglewood Farm. Wednesday, March 17th from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. Not feeling incredibly lucky this St. Patrick’s Day? Find the luck of the Irish at Tanglewood Farm. Rub a real, live rabbit’s foot – still attached to an adorable miniature Netherland Dwarf bunny, of course. Check out some lucky miniature horseshoes or go strolling through the pasture looking for a four-leaf clover. Then be sure to see the gentle, tailless Manx cats that originate from the Isle of Man where the great St. Patrick first stepped ashore. Tour $10 per person (free for infants under one). 171 Tanglewood Dr., Canton, GA 30115.
- Kidgits Moms & Tots St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at Gwinnett Place Mall. Wednesday, March 17th from 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. This week’s program centers on everything green for St. Patrick’s Day. Enjoy favorite toddler tunes and stories, games, crafts and special giveaways for Simon Kidgets members 4 and under. Located on the upper level in the space adjacent to Belk (formerly Waldenbooks). Free.
- Children’s St. Patrick’s Day Craft Activity at Northeast/Spruill Oaks Library on Wednesday, March 17th at 4:30 p.m. Children will make a fun St. Patrick’s Day craft and hear some St. Patrick’s Day related stories. Ages 3-5. Pre-registration is required. Seating will be limited. Please call the Children’s Desk to pre-register. Northeast/Spruill Oaks Branch, a part of the Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System 9560 Spruill Rd., Johns Creek 30022. For information call 770.360.8820.
- Pajama Storytime Celebrates St. Patrick’s Day at Sandy Springs Library on Wednesday, March 17th at 6:30 p.m. Irish stories are featured at a storytime with music and rhymes. Ages 3-7. Sandy Springs Branch, a part of the Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System. 395 Mt. Vernon Highway, Atlanta 30328. For information call 404.303.6130.
More St. Patrick’s Day fun for kids:
- Top 10 St. Patrick’s Day fun facts, crafts, and printables for kids
- St. Patrick’s Day jokes for kids and the young at heart
- Top 10 St. Patrick’s Day Jokes to keep your kids laughing all week
- Free St. Patrick’s Day coloring pages and activities
To receive future articles by Jackie Kass, scroll to the top of this article, and click on SUBSCRIBE. Your e-mail address will not be shared with anyone else. Do you have a story idea? I’d love to hear from you! E-mail your ideas to me at email@example.com.
Do you like TV? Then, please check out my National TV page on Examiner to stay in the know.