Ready to lighten up, shed winter weight and boost energy and health?
In my last article, I shared the first five of ten tips to begin supporting the body in spring cleansing and detoxification.
Just like a car the body needs a seasonal tune-up to function at it’s prime.
Here are tips 6-10:
6. Breathe deeply for 2 minutes every morning. You can never do this too much, but 2 minutes in the morning is a great start. As soon as you wake up, sit up in bed, close your eyes and focus on a relaxing image, word or thought. Consciously lengthen and deepen your breath for at least 2 minutes. This simple exercise will cleanse your mind, support your body’s relaxation response (necessary for detoxification), and give you a peaceful start to your day.
7. Add more (naturally) green foods. Green foods like boccoli, kale, spinach, dandelion greens, arugula, artichokes and asparagus are all particularly great to include in the spring. They support and detoxify the liver, which can get overburdened with winter’s heavier foods. Enjoy then in a salad, lightly cooked or in your green smoothie.
8. Get active! Moving your body helps move waste out of all tissues. The cardiovascular system, respiratory system, digestive system, lymphatic system and skin (through sweat) are all cleansed when we get our body active. Exercise will also help stimulate healthy feel good hormones and mobilize toxins stored in fat tissue. Find something you love to do!
9. Do a cleanse program. Cleansing with the seasons is a fantastic way to consciously do something really great for your body and spirit. Your body works so hard to keep you going, but just like your car it needs a tune-up to function at its prime. I suggest doing a cleanse with the guidance of a qualified holistic health professional.
Learn about the 2010 Spring into Summer Total Body Reboot 2-week Virtual Cleanse Workshop.
10. Try a daily twist. Sit on the edge of your chair with feet flat on the ground. Holding onto your chair seat with your left hand, reach with your right hand across to your outer left thigh. Lengthen your spine with an inhale, on an exhale twist from your belly to your left. Hold for 2-10 breaths, then switch sides. Twisting is the most common detox pose in yoga. It puts a squeeze on many of the body’s major digestive and detoxification organs, as well stimulates the cerebral spinal fluid (feeds the brain).
Cleansing has been done for thousands of years by many cultures for both health and spiritual purposes. If a cleanse sounds daunting or too austere, consider getting support or joining a group cleanse workshop to get expert guidance and share with like-minded individuals.
For more info: Virtual Spring Cleanse Workshop