The Broadmoor is not just for romance and relaxation, kids and teens in Colorado can’t get enough of stepping into a different world of luxury and community that can be found at this massive yet cozy five star resort in Colorado Springs.
One of the best deals in the state is the Spring Break Getaway that the Broadmoor offers each year from March 1 – May 12, 2010.
Spring Break Package Getaway – Kids Stay and Eat Free!*
$170 per night* • March 1 – May 12, 2010
This package includes:
- Accommodations for one night
- 50% discount off the adult ticket price at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
- 15% discount on select retail purchases
- Complimentary Serenity Shower or Tub Soak with purchase of $100 in spa services
- Kids 10 & under eat free from the children’s menu when accompanied by a paying adult (excludes Brunch)
- Suites available at 40% off of published rack rates
- Package prices starting at $85 per person, per night based on double occupancy. Limited availability. Not applicable to groups.
If you are single Mom or Dad, this Spring Break Package is a really great way to give your kids a special treat and enjoy the time yourself. While your kids are happily playing at the pool, hiking, going to the in house movie theater or catching a bite at one of the grills onsite, you can be relaxing at the spa, hiking around the beautiful lake complete with resident swans and spectacular views or snuggling up in a comfy chair in front of one of the several fireplaces to read a good book. A favorite spot to eat is The Garden Room located inside The Tavern in the main hotel building.
Looking for some nightlife? Ready to meet someone new? The Tavern in the main hotel has live music and dancing Thursday through Sunday and the Golden Bee is a great place to kick back, go back in time and sing along with the ragtime piano player as he tickles the ivories with a large repertoire of sing-a-long songs. Nightly at 8:30 p.m.
Couples of course can enjoy their time together and rekindle some romance and fun with all of the many things to do and places to see on this beautiful resort.
Is a dog a part of your family? Don’t worry, dogs are allowed at the Broadmoor and in fact will be given the royal treatment with a special bed, treats and bowls.
*Rates do not include applicable taxes and fees. Based on availability. Not applicable to groups.
Colorado Springs is also a favorite in-state destination for all Coloradoan’s. There is no shortage of interesting, fun and inexpensive things to do in the area.
Garden of the Gods – Free is always best, and you can drive, hike, photograph and explore these interesting rock formations at no charge.
Seven Falls – Climb to the top of the falls, feed the chipmonks, shop or just take in the scenery.
Cheyenne Rocky Mountain Zoo (located just behind the Broadmoor)
Pikes Peak Cog Railway (subject to weather)
Old Colorado City – Fun shopping and dining location just minutes away from the hotel.
Manitou Springs for gift shops, historic buildings, parks,
Olde Tyme Photography – A favorite spot to get those fun period costume photo’s taken. They not only do a great job here, they make the process so much fun you’ll feel like you’ve known them for years. It’s a must do if you are in the area.
Manitou Cliff Dwellings – This is especially enjoyable for the school aged kids. Also a great spot for home schoolers to learn some history about the Anasazi Native Americans that build the cave dwellings.
Become a fan of The Broadmoor on Facebook
Chrissy Morin is the Colorado Travel Examiner. To get travel and event ideas follow her o
Colorado Travel eXaminer
Colorado Travel Examiner page on Facebook!
- To receive e-mail alerts each time the Colorado Travel Examiner publishes an article, click the Subscribe tab above.
- If you enjoy reading this column, tell a friend, or share it via Facebook, Twitter, Stumble, Digg, Mixx and Buzz. Just click ‘Share This’ or the buttons below.
- Have a news or story tip? email Chrissy here.