What: Eastern States 20 Mile and Run for the Border Half Marathon
When: March 28, 2010 at 11:00a.m.
Where: Kittery, Maine to Salisbury, Massachusetts This run is along the New Hampshire seacost.
Information: Registration is now open. This is the 15th year of this race and it has become a New England tradition. It was started as a way to get ready for the Boston Marathon.
You will be running in three states, through seven towns. You will start at Traip Academy in Kittery, Maine going through historic Portsmouth, along scenic Route 1A, which overlooks the Atlantic Ocean. You will run through Odione Point in Rye, North Hampton, Hampton and Seabrook. You will finish in Salisbury, Massachusetts.
If you want a shorter run you can do the Run for the Border 10-Mile. This race starts in Rye Beach at 11:00 a.m. and runs to the Massachusetts border in Salisbury along route 1A.
- Bus details can be found at the website. There will be a shuttle to the start in Kittery, Maine by hopping on a bus at the Hampton, New Hampshire Casino lot starting at 7:30 a.m. The last bus leaves at 9:00 a.m.
- The Ashworth Hotel at Hampton Beach will host after race festivities.
- If you have done this race before, note that there is a revised finish course which you can find here.
- All the directions can be found here.
- Throw the N.E. Fitness Examiner a cup of water by clicking Share This below. Then click Digg, etc.
- To receive e-mail alerts each time the N.E. Fitness Examiner publishes an article, click the Subscribe tab above.
- If you enjoy reading this column, tell a friend.
- Story tip? Leave a comment, please.