April 7th is National Coffeecake Day, but you can celebrate all week with Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake, Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake, Blueberry Buckle Coffee Cake, and Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake. Make them in a springform pan, in a bundt pan or a glass baking dish. Serve them for breakfast, brunch, a dainty little tea party, or just because!
Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached white or whole wheat flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 pound cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup raspberry filling or seedless jam
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced and toasted lightly
5th Step: Icing
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
How To Make Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare pans.
- Step One: Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix flour, sugar and cool butter together until dry and it resembles fine struesel. Do not go any further than this. It should not clump up in a ball. Measure out 1 cup and set aside.
- Step Two: Using the same mixer bowl with the remaining struesel mix, add baking power, baking soda, salt and sour cream and blend well. Add egg from 2nd step and almond extract and beat only until batter is smooth. Do not over mix. Pat thick on the bottom of the springform pan and about 3/4 of the way up the sides. Clean mixing bowl.
- Step Three: Using the clean mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add egg and beat until light and fluffy. Pour into springform pans.
- Step Four: Spread 1/3 cup raspberry filling very gently over the cream cheese batter, being careful not to disturb it. Set aside. Mix almonds in with the 1 cup of streusel that was set aside at the beginning. Carefully sprinkle struesel over each coffee cake, spreading evenly. Place coffee cake in 350 degree oven and bake for 45-60 minutes or until middle seems set. Cool completely before removing ring. Carefully slide cooled coffee cake off bottom onto flat cake plate.
- Step Five: Mix icing ingredients together and drizzle over cooled cake.
- Refrigerate before slicing for best results.
- Makes one 9-inch coffee cake.
Try These Awesome Coffee-like Cakes Too!
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- Blueberry Buckle Recipe
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe
Celebrate These National Food Days As Well!
- Celebrate American Chocolate Week 2010 With Chocolate Recipes
- Celebrate National Peanut Lovers Day with Peanut Butter Recipes
- Celebrate National White Chocolate Cheesecake Day
- Lemon Pound Cake Recipe: Celebrate National Pound Cake Day
- German Pancakes Recipe: Celebrate National Pancake Day
- World Nutella Day 2010 with Nutella Recipes
All ingredients for this yummy Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake can be purchased in these Rhode Island supermarkets: Dave’s Marketplace, Stop & Shop, Shaw’s and Whole Foods Market.
Springform cheesecake pans can be found at these craft stores, or at most department stores and Bed Bath & Beyond stores.
Bed Bath & Beyond Stores
399 Bald Hill Road
Warwick, RI 02886
Michael’s – The Arts & Crafts Store
1500 Bald Hill Rd, Unit C”
Warwick, RI 02886-4259
Joann Fabric and Craft Stores
1500 Bald Hill Rd, Ste A
Warwick, Rhode Island 02886-4259
Click the “SUBSCRIBE” button above and never miss a recipe! You’ll get an email each time I post something new. Check out my blog Spatulas, Corkscrews & Suitcases for more delicious recipes, reviews & giveaways!