You should have received a letter from Robert M. Groves, Director of the United States Department of Commerce, Economic and Statistics Administration, U.S. Census Bureau. The letter is not addressed to you by name, but if it has your address on it please open immediately.
The numbers of residents in the State of Michigan has been declining since the onset of our present war. We have the highest level of unemployment in the country. We need everyone to be counted, so step up and participate in this process. This is your heads up letter, to get your attention. You will receive the applicable form to fill out in the next envelope from the U.S. Census Bureau this month.
Everyone in your house hold needs to be counted. The head-of-your-household should open and answer all ten (10) questions on this form. Don’t miss anyone; put everyone who resides in your home on this form. Even if they are only in your home on a temporary basis you should count them. In other words, If you have company that does not have a permanent place of residence for April 1, 2010; count them within your household. We need the money for our children, unemployment, schools, seniors, and our roads. So, if you have a cousin who is sleeping on your couch, count them. If, you have a forty year old son or daughter in your basement, count them. For everyone who is not counted, we will lose the money that would have come to our state if they were counted. If you need any help visit www.2010census.gov.
Okay, here are the Census questions.
1. How many people were living or staying in this house, apartment, or mobile home on April 1, 2010?
2. Were there any additional people staying here April 1, 2010 that you did not include in Question 1?
3. Is this house, apartment, or mobile home- owned by you or someone in this household with a mortgage or loan?___ Owned by you or someone in this household free and clear (without a mortgage or loan)? Rented? ___Occupied without payment or rent? ___
4. What is your telephone number?
5. Please provide information for each person living here. Start with a person living here who owns or rents this house, apartment, or mobile home. If the owner or renter lives somewhere else, start with any adult living here. This is person 1. What is Person 1’s name? _____________________________________.
6. What is person 1’s sex?
7. What is person 1’s age and what is person 1’s date of birth?
8. Is person 1 of Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin?
9. What is person 1’s race?
10. Does Person 1 sometimes live or stay somewhere else? In college? __, In the military__, At a seasonal or second residence___, For child custody ___, In jail or prison___, In a nursing home___, for another reason ___.
Then you are asked about Person 2 through 12. And that is it, simple right!
So, count everyone and don’t forget yourself! After you are done put the form back in the envelope provided. No stamp is necessary. Mail this form back out the same day, or at least the next day. Get it done!