Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, just a 2-hour drive from Gainesville, is offering a complimentary Commemorative Preschool Pass for children ages 5 and under who are also Florida residents. Parents can also buy a Busch Gardens Fun Card for a discounted price of $69.95 that allows you to come back to the park for free for the remainder of the year.
The giveaway is part of a promotion of Busch Gardens’ new Sesame Street Safari of Fun. The new children’s area includes a plethora of rides and activities for kids including:
- Air Grover – a junior roller coaster through the Saraha
- The Count’s Zambezi Rally – kid-size cars that take you through the desert
- Zoe-patra & the Hippos of the Nile – a flume ride with views of Africa, including pyramids
- Snuffy’s Elephant Romp – flying ride with Snuffy and his friends
- Elmo’s Safari Go-Round – a tribal inspired carousel
- Rosita’s Djemby Fly-Away – a swing ride through the jungle
- Big Bird’s Whirly Birdie – a ferris wheel for the little ones
- Telly’s Jungle Jam – encourages kids to explore sound, shapes and shadows
- Elmo’s Treehouse Trek – a 3-story hideaway that lets you see the entire African play land
- Cookie Monster’s Canopy Crawl – a 3-story net climb
- Slimey’s Saraha Sand – a beach oasis
- Oscar’s Swamp Stomp – Oscar’s cool water play area
- Bert & Ernie’s Watering Hole – more water fun with bubblers, geysers, jets and dumping buckets
You can also sign up for breakfast or lunch with Elmo and his friends. There is currently no fee for this event, but reservations are required.
The preschool passes are valid through December 31, 2010 and may only be obtained online. Visit SesameStreetSafariOfFun.com and click on “Free Preschool Pass.” You will be asked for the full name and address for you and your child as well as your mailing address, email address, and child’s age. Tickets are emailed immediately after you finish registering. When you visit the park, you need to bring a copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport along with your ID for proof of age and residency.