LeBron James just said he prayed to our ‘Lord and Savior Jesus Christ’ for Rodney Stuckey, after a reporter noted that James called the players together in a prayer circle after Stuckey suffered an apparent seizure and was taken to Cleveland Clinic Hospital.
Hearing LeBron James say the words “Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” was surprising to some (as witnessed — get it? — by the below Twitter.com reactions to LeBron’s prayer profession, must not necessarily to this reporter.
Although disheartened by watching LeBron years ago on SNL throw up the demonic diamond sign popularized by Jay-Z, I was delighted to see LeBron profess Christ as Lord.
Not totally surprised, however.
Maybe he’s finally realized what Jay-Z’s “Jesus can’t save you” lyrics are all about — and isn’t trying to play with God.
In James’ new movie, More Than a Game, his coach Dru Joyce can be seen praying faithfully in my former church, The House of the Lord, wherein I remember hearing the man who led me to the cross of Christ admonish James to “bring me my tithes” once.
So I knew LeBron had probably been there before.
But with all the “King James” talk and “We Are All Witnesses” and “The Chosen One” tatts and such, Christians may have gotten a little worried that the “King of Ak” forgot his Maker.
By James calling together this prayer circle of men invoking the name above every other name, it shows his growth and station in life.
It was a good scene.
Praying those prayers worked for Stuckey.
And that LeBron James will make his way on down to The Word Church.
- MrGarettCameron Ok…so Lebron just said “the lord and savior Jesus Christ”… He might be an alright guy after all… 9 minutes ago from UberTwitter
- Itsher_dani Awww thats why I luv himRT @Slypayne LEBRON just said his lord and saviour Jesus Christ!!!!! YES!!!!!!!! Not #ILLUMINATI <—YESSSS!! ♥ him 20 minutes ago from web
- trustfundbaby RT @Deceptive5: LeBron just said “Lord & Savior Jesus Christ” #noilluminati < You illuminati seekers should really know better. 42 minutes ago from TweetDeck
- markwise37 The vibe on Twitter is that LeBron James said tonight on ESPN “Lord and Savior Jesus Christ upstairs”. Not bad, not bad at all. about 1 hour ago from web
- TeronH Great to hear Lebron recognize Jesus as Lord AND Savior…pray 4 rodney stucky about 1 hour ago from TweetCaster
- buckeyeboi Lebron James just acknowledged Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour regarding prayer for Rodney Stuckey. That was (cont) http://tl.gd/e1sdn about 1 hour ago from UberTwitter
- Gemini850 RT @thectspot: WOW! Lebron James just said, “Lord and Savior Jesus Christ upstairs to look down on Rodney Stuckey. Never thought I’d hear that. ???? #fb about 1 hour ago from web
- kas813 Lebron James just said Jesus Christ upstairs is our Lord and Savior live on ESPN… That’s wassup. Been my fav player. Def stayin my fav! about 1 hour ago from Echofon
- garyowenfox Lebron James just told ESPN that he and the other players prayed to “our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” for the health of Rodney Stuckey… about 1 hour ago from web
- d_russ Just heard Lebron reference his “Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” No idea if King James is saved – but if so, way to represent! about 1 hour ago from web
- thectspot WOW! Lebron James just said, “Lord and Savior Jesus Christ upstairs to look down on Rodney Stuckey. Never thought I’d hear that. ???? #fb about 1 hour ago from web
- jonny_song LeBron James just mentioned “Jesus, our Savior” after the Cavs game. Say what! about 1 hour ago from txt
- MCIronMan Lebron James giving honor to the name of Jesus on air. I’m liking him more and more. Kobe wouldn’t do that. about 1 hour ago from web
- BigJuice216 LeBron just gave “our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” a shoutout…