I’ve never had the chance to buy any Kiehl’s products, but I’ve always heard good things about their legacy of giving back to the community. There’s a great event coming up in Seattle and I encourage all of my readers to attend!
Kiehl’s Since 1851 in University Village honors our pets and the Seattle community with a Pet Adoption Event and Fund-Raiser to benefit Motley Zoo Animal Rescue, a Seattle organization dedicated to improving the lives of animals locally, nationally and internationally. We’re hosting both an in-store pet adoption, and a week-long fund-raising program to encourage our customers to support Motley Zoo Animal Rescue.
WHO: Kiehl’s Since 1851 and Motley Zoo Animal Rescue
WHAT: Pet Adoption and Fund-Raiser Kick-Off
Kiehl’s Since 1851 is a skin, body and hair care apothecary dedicated to serving women and men formulas made with uniquely efficacious, natural ingredients, and committed to giving back to the communities in which we do business. (www.kiehls.com)
Motley Zoo Animal Rescue is dedicated to improving the lives of animals locally, nationally and internationally by alleviating their suffering and elevating their status in society through the rescue and rehabilitation of animals in need and through the education of their community on responsible pet ownership and animal welfare. Motley Zoo Animal Rescue advocates the value of all animal life and works to end the neglect and abuse of animals. Motley Zoo Animal Rescue addresses the devastating pet overpopulation epidemic through spay and neuter advocacy. (www.MotleyZoo.org)
WHEN: Saturday, April 10, 2010
11 AM to 3 PM
(Fund-raiser is April 10 through April 17)
WHERE: Kiehl’s Since 1851
2611 NE University Village St.
Seattle, WA 98105
· The Mission of Kiehl’s states that “a worthwhile firm must have a purpose for its existence. Not only the everyday work-a-day purpose to earn a just profit, but beyond that, to improve in some way the quality of the community to which it is committed.”
· Motley Zoo Animal Rescue will bring a number of animals looking for homes to Kiehl’s, in hopes of making a match.
· Each customer who adopts leaves with a Kiehl’s gift box
· Kiehl’s will donate $500 to Motley Zoo Animal Rescue, in support of the organization’s advocacy on behalf of animals.
· Kiehl’s customers are also encouraged to donate to Motley Zoo Animal Rescue.
o Each customer who donates $10 or more to Motley Zoo Animal Rescue on the day of the event, and through Saturday, April 17, may choose between a complimentary Creme de Corps body moisturizer (4.2 oz. size), or a Spray-N-Play Cleansing Spritz (one product per customer)