Do you have electronics you aren’t using but want to dispose of in a responsible way?
Celebrate the 40th anniversary of Earth Day by taking your electronic discards to one of these electronic waste recycling events throughout the city, co-sponsored by the Lower East Side Ecology Center and Earth Day NY.
March 28, 2010 from 10:00am – 4:00pm
Union Square, 17th Street and Broadway
April 10, 2010 from 10:00am – 4:00pm
Tekserve, 119 W 23rd Street, Chelsea
April 18, 2010 from 10:00am – 4:00pm
Morningside Park, Morningside Avenue between 113th and 114th Streets, Harlem
April 03, 2010 from 10:00am – 4:00pm
Roosevelt Island, Good Shepherd Plaza, 543 Main Street, Roosevelt Island
April 11, 2010 from 10:00am – 4:00pm
Travers Park, 78th Street between Northern Blvd & 34th Ave., Jackson Heights
April 17, 2010 from 10:00am – 4:00pm
Habana Outpost, South Portland Avenue and Fulton Street, Ft. Greene
April 25, 2010 from 10:00am – 4:00pm
PS 29 School Yard, Baltic Street Between Henry and Clinton Streets, Cobble Hill
The following electronics will be accepted (working and non-working):
• Computers (laptops & desktops, servers, mainframes)
• Printers, scanners, fax-machines, copiers
• Network devices (routers, hubs, modems, etc.)
• Peripherals (keyboards, mice, cables, etc.)
• Components (hard drives, CD-ROMs, circuit boards, power supplies, etc.)
• TVs, VCRs, & DVD Players
• Audio-visual equipment
• Cell phones, pagers, PDAs
• Telecommunication (phones, answering machines, etc.)
What will not be accepted?
• No home appliances (such as microwaves or refrigerators)
• No electronics from businesses.
Need more info? See the Lower East Side Ecology Center’s website.
(Thanks to colleague Gillian Wells for bringing these events to my attention.)