Before thousands of celebrities converged on the Red carpet at the Kodak Theater in Hollywood, CA for the annually Academy Awards this month future designing stars celebrated on a different Red carpet. The Fashion Massacre was created by native Detroit designer and stylist Tyna Logan to inspire her fellow designers and Detroiters. Due to the overwhelming response and sold out crowd during it’s inception year the Fashion Massacre served notice to other fashion capitals that fashion resides in Detroit and it is now an annually event that fashionistas, stylists, models and designers anticipate ever year.
This year the Fashion Massacre2 expanded into a 2 day celebration of fashion and music with three shows featuring local designers and artists all under the age of thirty. Each show showcased a different fashion point of view along with live performances from local musicians to compliment the style of each show. Chapter 1 show showcased the 20th century fashion of “Vogue”, Chapter 2 show highlighted the urban edge of Detroit and Chapter 3 show climaxed the event with cultured couture.
This year’s Fashion Massacre2 showcased spring fashions from every point of view including classic, rock n roll, high fashion, pop princess,college couture and many more. Held on February 12 and 13 in downtown Detroit at the ‘Art League of Michigan‘ and the ‘Stairway‘. Chapter 1 show highlights included:
* Proficient and edgy styling by ‘Fanciee‘ clothing line and stylist Tyna Logan
* Flirty femininity and colorful playfulness of ‘Love Her‘ clothing line
* Sleek edge and individuality of ‘Rock Royalty’ clothing line
Chapter 2 show featured:
* Urban pop rock flair with ‘Krooked Kulture‘ clothing line
* Island rebel fashions by ‘Idriss’ clothing line
* Breaking out the books with collegiate finesse of ‘Freshman‘ clothing line
Chapter 3 show showcased:
* Fashions for every women from the cocktail party to the Red carpet by ‘Laissez-Faire‘ couture
* Raise your voice and ‘Help Haiti’ with ‘District 81‘ t-shirt line
* Splash into summer with custom cut ‘Niccole‘ swimwear.
* Bring your funky flair everywhere you are in ‘Vintage Glamour‘ fashion designs.
* Introduce pop art into the 21st century wearing ‘Ndcysve’
Tyna Logan stared with a dream then she wrote the vision and then she built a team to turn it to reality proving not only that dreams do come true. But also as pioneering French fashion designer ‘Coco Chanel‘ says “Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.”
For more information on Tyna Logan, Fanciee clothing & styling and Fashion Massacre go to:
For more information on Ms.Connection and upcoming events go to: