Preventing depression is one thing, curing it is another. When you’ve already crossed the threshold into the battle zone, you must know what it will take to win out over your enemy.
You should realize that your adversary (depression) has a strong advantage because it went on the attack long before you had any defenses in place. You’ve got an uphill battle on your hands.
You will need a multilateral strategy, a complete plan and outline (updated daily) of defensive/preventative measures, as well as an array of offensive/curative actions.
Your plan must encompass the following:
1. Immediate preparation. Come off your anti-depressants.
2. Go on a war-footing. Allot the time, energy, and money required to activate and maintain your plan.
3. Become defensive-minded. Empty your medicine cabinet of all medications, stop drinking booze, quit smoking, get on a proper diet, and start exercising. A lot of change … but if you’re sincere about curing depression, you won’t think twice about it. Just remember – don’t dramatize, ruminate, or indulge – just do it!
4. Initiate counterattack. Deploy a powerful belief system – a set of spiritual philosophies and ideals that can withstand any opposition and guide you through the days, weeks, months – however long it will take to conquer depression.
5. Blitzkrieg. Launch offensive therapeutic measures that will weaken your foe (depression) and gradually shift the advantage in your favor.
6. Long-range assault. Establish and implement down-to-earth goals, along with the determination and strength to meet and maintain them to the point of unshakeable permanency.
7. Take no prisoners. Constantly move forward, be alert to any weakness in your plan, and make whatever adjustments are necessary.
As in any war worth fighting, there can be no pussyfooting or hint of compromise, and no willingness whatsoever to surrender if the battle seems lost. You must be committed to going the distance, no matter how long it takes or what you may encounter.
It took depression many years to develop – don’t think you can defeat it in weeks or months.
Resource material: Monument to failure, Vassili, 2006; the most comprehensive study of the American healthcare system ever made; Depression, it doesn’t exist, Vassili, 2009, a guide to truly understanding, preventing, and curing depression.
For more information: www.americanhealthcarerevolution.com