Don’t know what to do with the kids on spring break? The TriCities offer up plenty of spring break activities to keep them busy.
Port Moody Arts Centre is hosting Spring Break Art Camps including:
- Art in the Morning for 6-8 years
- The Artist in Me for 6-12 years
- Family Clay for 1 parent and 1 child
- Afternoon Clay for 5-14 years
- Youth Pottery for 10-14 years
- Green Sculpture for 10-14 years
Check out the Port Moody Arts Centre Winter/Spring Brochure or call 604-931-2008.
Coquitlam Leisure and Parks spring break activities include:
- Swimming camps at City Centre Aquatic Complex or Poirier Sport and Leisure Complex
- Lifesaving Camp, where your youth can combine Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross
- Games, gym sports, and creative crafts for your young ones at Poirier Community Centre or Pinetree Community Centre
- Youth day camps at Pinetree Community Centre or Centennial Activity Centre
- Easter swim and Easter egg hunt at City Centre Aquatic Complex on April 4
For more information on Coquitlam’s activities for kids, check out the Active Coquitlam page on the Coquitlam Leisure and Parks website or call 604-927-4386.
Activities for kids during spring break at Place des Arts include:
- Four-day day camp for grades 1-5 including an assortment of activities such as Broadway Review, Cartooning, Clay Play, Collage, Comic Book-Making, Doodlers, Drama, Fibre Fun, Hip Hop, Musical Exploration, Papier Mâché Puppets, Rhythm Makers, Shoe Box Diorama, and Taiko Drumming.
- One-day day camp for grades focusing on Song Writing (Monday, March 29), Woven Wire (Wednesday, March 31), or On Camera Commercial Workshop (Thursday, April 1).
For more information, see the Spring Break Camp page on the Place des Arts website or call 604-664-1636.
Spring break activities at Evergreen Cultural Centre include:
- Kids On Stage, a performing day camp for kids 7-12.
- Live theatre for kids under 7 featuring performances of Peter Pan and Beauty and the Beast by Dufflebag Theatre.
- Fairy Tale Adventures for ages 3 and up.
For more information, visit ECC’s Spring Break page or call 604-927-6550.
Port Coquitlam Parks and Recreation is offering spring break activities for kids from 3 to 16 years old, including:
- Spring Break Day Camps for 3-5 years, 5-7 years, 7-12 years, and 11-14 years at Hyde Creek (including participation in daily Spring Break-a-thon swims).
- Little Sprockets Bike Camp for 4-9 years at Hyde Creek.
- Sports Camps for 7-12 years at Hyde Creek (badminton, floor hockey, basketball, and indoor soccer).
- Performing Arts Series for 7-12 years at Leigh Square.
- Ingenious Inventions and Crazy Creations Art Camp for 7-12 years at Leigh Square.
- Babysitters Spring Break Camp for 11+ years at PoCo Rec Complex.
- Spring Break-a-thon theme swims daily from 1-4 PM at Hyde Creek.
For more information, visit City of Port Coquitlam Parks and Recreation or call 604-927-7529.
Does your kid love the great outdoors? How about Spring Break Day Camp at Sasamat Lake?
- Sasamat Outdoor Centre is located in the beautiful outdoor setting of Belcarra, just 9 km north of Port Moody Town Centre. Day Camps offer a wide variety of outdoor activities from canoeing on the lake to archery to you-name-it!
For information, visit the Spring Break page on the Sasamat website or call 604-939-2268.
The TriCities have so much to offer kids (and parents) during spring break. Don’t let your kids miss out!