A world-renowned autism expert will be addressing professionals and parents at an autism conference in Fresno in two days. Moreover, many local professionals will be offering breakout sessions covering a spectrum of topics.
The keynote speaker, Sally Rogers, Ph.D., has an impressive and extensive list of credentials and accomplishments. She will be addressing “Advances in Diagnosis and Treatment of Young Children with Autism”. Dr. Rogers is a developmental psychologist, a professor of psychiatry at the M.I.N.D. Institute, University of California, Davis. She is the principal investigator of several autism research projects and is on the editorial boards of several peer-reviewed journals and other publications. In addition to research, she has developed an intervention model that is used internationally and works closely with school districts to develop includes best practice programs.
The breakout sessions include:
- Autism and ADHD: How They are Connected
- Overview of a Neuropsychological Evaluation
- Evidence on Complimentary and Alternative Medicine Interventions for Autism
- Positive Behavior Intervention in Inclusive Education Settings
- After the Diagnosis: Now What?
- Parent Perspectives: Emotional components of navigating the system for the child with autism
- Resources Straight from the Internet
- Building Early Communication Skills Using Technology
- Using Everyday Objects to Encourage Play, Language and Social Interaction
- Self Injurious Behaviors
- National Standards: What Every Teacher Should Know
- Heartache to Hope for Professionals
- Using Picture Books to Stimulate Language
- Video Modeling to Enhance Language and Social Skills
- Perspectives on Cultural Sensitivity
- Collaboration: The Key to a Cohesive Program
- Components of an Appropriate Curriculum for Young Children with Autism
There will also be a Vendor Faire showcasing toys, children’s books, educational materials, professional materials and more.
Here are the details:
Date: Friday, April 23, 2010
Time: 8:00 am-4:00 pm
Location: Fresno Pacific University Special Events Center
Cost: $100 (includes lunch), but if you rally together a group of 5 or more it is only $60 each. Use my facebook page to network a group together, help each other save $$$.
See my facebook page and become a fan.
To receive notice of future autism related articles posted by Jodie Howard, click on the SUBSCRIBE link above and enter your email address.
Disclaimer: Please note, contact your doctor on any therapies, supplements or actions you take for your child. This article and its contents are for information only and should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice.