Need to prepare dinner and don’t have much prep time. This meal can be set up in 15 minutes and placed in the oven to allow you to catch up on other things. Or give yourself 2 hours of down time.
- 7-8 boneless chicken thighs
- ½ medium onion sliced
- 4 thin cut pats of butter
- 3-4 medium potatoes sliced into circles – not wedges
- Few shakes of garlic powder
- Few shakes of pepper
- Few shakes of paprika
- 1 small can of chicken broth/stock
- First thing you want to do is prep your meal. Peel and slice 1/2 of a medium onion and 3-4 medium potatoes and set aside on your cutting board.
- Preheat oven to 350′.
- Take out a baking pan (9×13) and lay the boneless chicken thighs out over the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the small can of chicken broth/stock over the chicken.
- Sprinkle over the chicken the pepper, salt, garlic powder and the onion slices.
- Add the 4 thin pats of butter over the chicken.
- Then make a single layer over the chicken with the potato slices.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil. Vent 6 small holes in top of foil using the point of a knife. Place pan in oven and cook for 2 hours.
- When the chicken is done place pan on hot plate or transfer to platter. Sprinkle top with paprika and you are ready to serve.
Tips & Warnings:
- Fifteen to twenty minutes before the oven goes off you will want to heat up the vegetable of your choice to have with you meal. A light salad will also go well with this meal too.
- Store remaining portions in Tupperware to save and refrigerate for another day or freeze.
- Do not throw juices away from pan…it makes a great start for a warm and homemade soup another day.
- Remember to always use pot holders or oven mitts when removing hot pans from the oven.
To be alerted to all new articles by the Winona Cooking Examiner, click here to subscribe, and please enter your email address. (Your address will not be shared.) I love hearing from readers so please—email me if you have any questions, comments, or a topic you would like to see covered. Thank you!