Visit Sesame Street at Busch Gardens Tampa
National Volunteer Week: April 18th – 24th
Movies in the Park
Kindergarten is a new frontier for your child’s bright future. That’s why April 21st every year is celebrated as Kindergarten Day. It is celebrated in honor of Friedrich Froebel who was born on this day in 1782. In 1837, he started the first Kindergarten in Germany. It quickly gained popularity as a half-day program where children got in to a fun social yet educational environment. Gradually, it progressed in to a full time program.
For those you have older kids, take a trip down memory lane and remember your child’s first day at Kindergarten with them. And for those of you waiting for that day, take a look at the registration schedules for your respective counties and get your child registered. Give your child a good start to a great future!
There are some fun things you can do to celebrate the first day of Kindergarten with your little one.
1. Create a drawing board with names & pictures of new friends, teacher, or favorite parts of the school day.
2. Build their confidence with books. Read stories about school or other adventures.
3. Write and illustrate a story about your child’s first day. Include classmates as book characters. It will become a wonderful keepsake!
4. Create a collage of all the pictures and activities from your child’s kindergarten.
5. Volunteer at a child’s kindergarten class.
Enjoy this day and make your child understand the value of lifelong learning that starts early on in their lives. Get your friends and family involved too!
For more info: Frugal Family