Imagine you are injured, hurt, in terrible pain and are told that you will have to wait 180 days to see a doctor. He will be able to help you 6 months from now, but don’t worry, you are officially on the waiting list and it won’t cost you anything out of pocket. Would you wait? Well, if you live in England, a country with nationalized health care, that could be your scenario. If you continue to live in the United States, and the Health Care Bill passes and progresses as the Democrats have planned, that will also be the case.
A friend of mine from Arlington church, a Mr. Craig Hindle, is from the United Kingdom. This past year he broke a bone in his lower leg playing soccer. When he showed up at church in a cast we spoke about his ordeal. Instead of going on and on about the pain, he raved about the health care he received here in the Fort Worth area.
Craig told me how quickly he was able to see a doctor, the level of care he received, and how back home in England it would take 180 days before he could even see a doctor. He also told me about a friend of his who had a hernia. The poor bloke was in excruciating pain. How long did it take him to see a doctor? 180 days.
The level of pain does not matter. What matters is the waiting list. You don’t have to be a genius to do the math:
Many people on “free” healthcare + fewer doctors able and willing to treat the masses = a very long wait.
“Free” is of course “not free” when it cost you time, energy, frustration, pain, loss of productivity, and oh yes … tax dollars.
Regarding fewer doctors: A recent poll conducted by The Medicus Firm, a leading physician search and consulting firm based in both Dallas and Atlanta, shows that with the passage of health reform without a public option 45% of doctors would try to retire early or leave medical practice, 30% if it passes with a public option. This is huge!
Because of this “overhaul”, we would lose physicians and those who remain will be overworked and under paid. The level of care that patients receive could decrease dramatically. The Government will have strict rules for everyone to follow, and the bottom line will be the final word.
We have heard Obama and the Democrats promote their agenda on health care under the guise of taking care of 30 million people (legal and illegal?) who do not have or can not get private health insurance. But that is only 10% of the population. What about the other 90%?
Those who support the new Health Care Bill obviously do not care about the majority. The Government’s goal is to take over the insurance industry plus all of the health care in America, socializing our medicine like Canada and the U.K., which will give them power and control over the masses.
I don’t know about you, but if I ever break a leg, I don’t think I could wait 6 months for a cast. I would rather cast my vote for politicians who actually care about the American people, and cast the current administration out on their keisters.