Couch potatoes: Get some hand weights and use them during the commercials. Have fruits and veggies ready to snack on ( make your own), Have a few smoothies to drink. Enjoy. Cabbage any way you like it would be good too. It’s March Madness right? Which University of New Mexico team will win the championships?
This article is dedicated to the athletes who work so hard, and their families who take care of them. If you have school aged heroes about to be in a tournament or about to start training here are a few ideas to help support health. Your athletes will be working hard and may need extra nutritional assistance. Ease aches and pains and give the added nutrition for strong bodies. Also if you have questions about these ideas visit the nutri-coaches at Natural Grocers in Albuquerque and Santa Fe or your favorite health food stores. Books will be available at these locations to go into further examination of these topics.
- Multi-vitamin. This will cover all the bases. Special formulas are made for teens.
- Avoid injuries by reading the article and using rescue remedy. Rescue remedy in pastille form helps relax and calm. One can focus better which helps avoid many accidents.
- Extra B vitamins help muscles, coordination, and mental acuitiy.
- Magnesium is good for muscles, nerves, and heart.
- D-Ribose for energy. Helps build DNA and RNA which helps build muscle. Almost strenghtens and supports the heart Learn more, click the link.
- B-5. Learn more, click the link. B5 helps support healthy tendons plus…
- Alpha lipoic Acid helps get glucose into muscle cells which increases performance. It also does much more. Read the articles to learn how it helps balance sugars and postpones possible low blood sugar events. Lipoic acid is good nerve food too.
- Antioxidants assists the body to clean up and repair. These ease stressed body parts and can be lubricants for cells ( ex: vitamin E). Vitamin A, C, E are good examples that can be found together in one formula (Carlson ACES) and fruits and vegetables.
- Protein Drinks can be very helpful for weight lifters. Protein can help support sustained energy. They also help build muscle growth. Review the literature on best use.
- Body Stressed? Accidents and strains happen. Use Rescue Remedy immediately to reduce shock and trauma. Arnica is good for muscle bruising, swelling, and pain. Read more.
- Hylands Leg Cramps comes in pills and oinment. Even the coaches can use this one.
Parents: stock up in advance. Help our children build stronger bodies before injuries. Taking some or all of these supplements can also help recovery time. Make sure they drink lots of water, eat healthy, and get plenty of rest. QUestions? Send them to me.
Hopefully these ideas will help NM teams keep winning. Whether you are starting your first NM little league training, or art a University of New Mexico senior planning for a pro career, these suggestions could help your performance, stamina, and winning season . Supplements alone won’t get the win so listen to youe parents and coaches too.