Carrie Ann Inaba from Dancing With the Stars was a guest host on LIVE With Regis and Kelly, and she revealed ten fun facts about herself, her fellow judges and the show. Sitting in for Kelly Ripa, not only did the judge from Dancing With the Stars get to chat with Regis Philbin, she also got to interview Shannen Doherty and Mark Ballas, the first couple sent home on season ten of Dancing With the Stars.
Here are ten fun facts that Carrie Ann Inaba revealed about herself this morning on LIVE with Regis and Kelly:
- Carrie Ann Inaba is a cougar: She is 38 years old and her live-in boyfriend is 42. She told Regis Philbin, “I’m always a cougar.”
- Carrie Ann’s boyfriend is a keeper: He cooks spaghetti and tacos for Carrie Ann; and has a 13-year-old daughter. The two have talked about marriage, and it may happen in the near future.
- Carrie Ann Inaba is a crazy cat lady: She has three cats and her live-in boyfriend has two. Her oldest cat is 19 years old. Carrie Ann received a phone call from her vet while she was on the set for the premiere of Dancing With the Stars. In the midst of premiere night, she gave her vet permission to do emergency surgery on her cat, Shadow. The cat survived and is doing fine.
- Carrie Ann invited Bruno and Len to dinner: It didn’t go well, though. Her stove broke, so the trio played her Wii game system. Len liked golf and Bruno tried his hand at tennis.
- Carrie Ann Inaba has a Regis Philbin song on her iPod: Carrie Ann was hired by LIVE to choreograph an opening number where Regis sang and danced to There’s No Business Like Show Business. Carrie Ann has that song on her iPod and plays it to relax.
- Carrie Ann is not a huge sports fan: When Regis Philbin asked her if she knew which teams were in the Final Four, she responded, “I know basketball. It’s the one with the hoop.” She added, “Do they get a trophy, like a disco ball?”
- Her love of animals is sometimes extreme. Once she came upon a deer that was lying on the side of the road after being hit by a car. Carrie Ann stopped her car, got out, and hugged and talked to the injured animal. Police arrived on the scene and announced to her, “Step away from the deer.” They took her away in the police car.
- Carrie Ann didn’t make the cut for Janet Jackson’s Tour: Upon hearing the news, she went to a 7-11 and gorged on nachos. The story has a happy ending because shortly after she received a call saying that she was hired for Madonna’s tour.
- Carrie Ann likes to surf the Internet and take care of her cats during her down time: She also revealed that Bruno Tonioli likes to tan and Len Goodman enjoys golf.
- Carrie Ann felt like crying after Shannen Doherty’s elimination: Of all the eliminations on Dancing With the Stars, Carrie Ann was most upset by the elimination of Shannen Doherty and Mark Ballas: After the show, the DWTS judge immediately texted, “How did that happen?”
Click on the Live With Regis and Kelly website to watch host chat with Carrie Ann Inaba and Regis Philbin.
Recent articles about Dancing With the Stars:
- Louis Van Amstel and Jonathan Roberts dance for MammoJam 2010
- Tony Dovolani to Kate Gosselin: ‘I quit!’
- ‘Dancing With the Stars’: Spotlight on Tom Bergeron
- ‘Dancing With the Stars’: Spotlight on Brooke Burke
- Dancing With the Stars: The leader board after weeks 1 and 2
Do you love reality TV? Then be sure to check out my coverage of:
- Dancing With the Stars
- The Bachelor
- American Idol
- Celebrity Apprentice
Do you want to stay in-the-know? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on SUBSCRIBE, and you’ll stay up-to-the-minute with your favorite reality shows and stars. Of course, your E-mail will never be shared with anyone else.